Recipe from the 1962 edition of the New York Times cook book. Labeled as “English Marmalade”
- 2 lbs Oranges
- 1 large lemon
- 9 cups Cold Water
- 8 cups Sugar
- Thinly slice the oranges and lemon. Do not peel.
- Remove seeds.
- Place in large bowl and cover with water.
- Let sit overnight or 24 hours.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 hours (peels should be soft and somewhat transparent).
- Bring back to a boil.
- Boil for 30 minutes.
- Follow your typical canning procedure or place in containers to freeze.