Recipe from my Grandma Nancy. Makes 2-3 dozen cookies.
- 1 cup butter
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Mix the flour and 5 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Crumble the butter into the flour mixture with your hands until it is a sandy texture.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Work with your hands until it forms a ball.
- Form oval shapes that are about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Place on cookie sheet and press down lengthwise with a fork.
- Bake 15-20 minutes
- While they are baking, combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon. You can also add sprinkles at this point for some color.
- Roll the cookies in the cinnamon sugar as soon as they are cool enough to touch.
- Cool the rest of the way.
- Note: You will have to work the dough quite a bit to get it to form a smooth shape. Don’t worry, it is very hard to overwork these cookies.