From my Great-Grandma Mae. Makes one jelly roll pan.
- 4 ounces chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350℉. Grease a 9×13 inch jellyroll pan.
- Roughly chop walnuts.
- Beat sugar and eggs together with whisk attachment of stand mixer until fluffy.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and butter together in double boiler.
- Pour melted chocolate into egg mixture with mixer on low to ensure even mixture and un-cooked eggs.
- Switch to paddle attachment.
- Add flour, salt, and vanilla.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in walnuts with spatula.
- Turn mixture into pan and bake 45-50 minutes. Bake slightly longer if using a smaller and deeper pan.
- Cool in pan. Do not attempt to cut until completely cooled.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar or with whipped cream.